Monday, May 9, 2011

Forster Tern

Forster Tern, May 2, 2011, Goose Bay

On Monday, May 2, 2011, my daughter and I headed out on a photography day.  We stopped at a couple of parks to take pictures of spring flowers and birds.  I wanted to stop at Goose Bay because I had noticed some birds that I couldn't recognize on my drive by each day.  We sat down on the rocks right at the edge of the Detroit River and stopped these birds on the dock of the house next to the park. Eventually, they left the dock to do some fishing.  I had never seen diving birds before and was thrilled to see them soaring and diving!  I got a couple of clear shots...most were somewhat blurry as they were moving quite quickly.  I was thrilled to see that I caught this bird on his way into the water!  I also got one when he came out....when I zoom it in on my computer, you can see a fish in his mouth!  Another lucky day for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment