Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Walk in the Woods

On Easter Monday, my brother's sister-in-law suggested we go to a wooded area near the Brittania Water Purification Plant (still in Ottawa).  She mentioned that the chickadees there eagerly feed from your hands....that was enough for me!  I was so excited to go!  It was beautiful!  Lots of evidence of woodpeckers and beavers, but none were spotted.  We did see lots of Canada Geese and Mallards and a tonnes of Chickadees who were very happy to take our sunflower seeds :)  None of wildlife was shy....they all came right up to us as soon as they heard us!  We fed everyone! 

American Black Ducks that came up from the water as soon as they heard us coming!  They stayed with us until a jealous Canada Goose chased them off!

American Black Duck

American Black Duck
The jealous Canada Goose who chased of the ducks...he had been chased out of the water, onto the trail by another goose!

Black-capped Chickadee

A Black-capped Chickadee eating out of my hand!!!

Closer...

I love Mallards....probably my favourite duck.

Mallard female

Love this pic!!

Smiling for the camera!

Cutest squirrel EVER!

Isn't he sweet?  Came right up to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment